General Administration Department
Information and Technology Department
The Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council is about to embark on a new chapter that is IT enable and e-Governance and has setup an IT Department to look into this very aspect.
The KHADC has in collaboration with the National Informatics Center developed customized software for its Taxation, Trade License and Accounts Department. It has a fully functional WI-FI Networking and Computer Lab. A website developed by the KHADC and hosted by the NIC on August 2007. It is hoped that all development schemes/projects of the KHADC will be made available in its website.
The function of the Department is to:
1. foster research and development in IT technologies.
2. adapt to changing working environments.
8 implement refinements and uses of IT Technology to promote the working process.
3. use IT based applications to manage development schemes/project.
4. apply IT tools to aid the process of good governance and efficient administration.
5. provide quality and speedy service to the people.
6. SMART- simple, moral, accountable, responsive and transparent administration.
7. Office automation, training and capacity building.
Strength of Information and Technology Department:
|Sl. No.||Names of Employees||Number of Employees|
|2.||Computer Programme Assistant||1|
|3.||Computer Operator Grade I||3|
|4.||Computer Operator Grade II||4|
|5.||Computer Operator Grade III||11|
|7.||Computer Hardware Casual)||1|